Cold Water Storage Tank Cleaning
Our experienced and qualified engineers will clean, descale and chlorinate your cold water storage tanks in accordance with all relevant legislation and issue you with all official completion certificates and photographic evidence to be stored in your water services log book.
Our clean and chlorination experts are vastly experienced in all areas of water treatment and will advise you of the best and most cost effective methods to keep your water systems compliant.
Take Control Of Your Water System Safety
The consequences for businesses which do not make use of a regular maintenance and cleaning program on water tanks are shown on this BBC article regarding a holiday camp in Lancashire which was urged by a Legionella management contractor to have a water tank cleaned months before a Legionnaires’ disease death occurred. More information on what occurred when water tank cleaning did not take place can be seen here.
Pipework Refurbishment and Modifications
Once your pipework is back to excellent working condition, you can focus on routine testing, maintenance and cleaning. Keep your business adherent to health and safety guidelines and requirements.
With AMES you’ll effectively minimise the risk of legionella and other bacteria becoming hazardous in your water supply system. Regular chlorination, maintenance of cooling towers, pipework and water systems is required to keep risks to a minimum.
We understand your need to manage costs effectively. The cost involved with AMES routine water tank and pipework refurbishment plans, is much lower, than the cost of replacing neglected parts of your water system. At the same time, you know that you are meeting your legal requirements and keeping visitors to your premises safer.
- Insulation fitting
- Painting of water tanks with specialist coatings
- Refurbishment and alterations to water tanks
- Regular condition checks of and refurbishment of water storage and cisterns
We appreciate that you have a business to run and so we do our best to be flexible. Schedules can be created to minimise disruption to your productivity and output.
Alt-Tek Water Filtration
The removal of solids from water can be a complicated process. There are a multitude of different filtration methods to choose from.
AMES water treatment team has considerable experience in choosing the correct method of solids removal for each application.
Alt-Tek is one method of suspended solids removal that has particular use in water treatment.
Alt-Tek Filters have proven to be an optimal solution for the removal of a variety of deposits from cooling systems, closed system heating and chilled water circuits.
The rotation of the liquid forms a vortex in the centre of the separator with the centrifugal force, causing separation of the heavy particles from the liquid. The separated particles accumulate in the bottom collection chamber from which they are purged.
- No Moving Parts
- No Filter Elements, Screens, Bags Or Media
- No Cleaning Costs
- No Down Time – Continuous Filtration
- Low Water Loss When Purging
- Low Pressure Loss
- No Backwash
The accumulated dirt is automatically purged to drainage without backwashing and without interruption filtration. This approach also uses minimal water.
- Reduce corrosion by keeping internal surfaces clean and free of debris, allowing inhibitors unimpeded access to protect the metal surfaces
- Reduces erosion by removing suspended solids, which cause surface erosion of pumps and equipment
- Reduces chemical treatment costs by removing suspended matter and reducing dosage of corrosion inhibitors, biocides and dispersants required to maintain water quality
- Reduces the risk of Legionella by preventing sludge and silt deposits which harbour and encourage the growth of bacteria and reduce biocide effectiveness
- Improves dispersant performance and reduces scale formation by removing precipitated hardness salts, allowing dispersants to be effective
- Continuous filtration with no change in pressure loss – can be used in mainstream flow. No variation in pressure loss or flow rate is experienced as dirt and debris are collected and removed from the water flow.
- No backwash required – filtered dirt is purged to drain with minimum water loss whilst service flow is maintained
- Zero water loss option when fitted with closed recovery dirt collector the unit will operate with no system water loss, ideally suited to glycol and brine systems. Allows visual inspection of the dirt and debris removed
- Compact, easily installed – can normally be fitted as sidestream filter using existing connections. High filtration with minimal plantroom are required
Find out more about our cleaning contracts or to sign up with AMES:
- Call: 0800 197 1650
- Or click here to send us an online enquiry using our contact form.